Where to download music for free?
Country, western swing, free jazz, blues, house, noise, rock and roll, power pop, jazz rock, punk rock, ska, reggae, disco, jazz rap also free mp3 songs. On today there are 17 known musical genres and several hundred subgenres, but despite this diversity, each of them has its own admirers. To the question “What is the role of music in human life?” There are many answers. Today we suggest you familiarize yourself with a number of new scientific studies that have shed light on another little-known aspect the influence of music on the brain.
Can music make us happier?
According to the American music theorist Jerrold Levinson, musical language is no less expressive system of communication than ordinary human language as a subject of study of linguistics. Since music carries a much more powerful emotional charge than real life events, modern psychologists are increasingly resorting to the use of music therapy. One can explain its positive effect on a person’s condition at least by the fact that the reactions of our nervous system to cheerful and sentimental musical works are completely different. For example, participants in a recent experiment, after listening to a short composition, interpreted the neutral facial expression as happy or sad, depending on which melody they heard. The emotions that arose under the influence of music can be divided into two types perceived and felt. This means that a person is able to understand the mood of a musical work, even if he never had to experience such feelings in real life. So, in case of psychological disorders of a depressive nature, cheerful music only aggravates a person’s condition, while sad motives, on the contrary, bring bright colors back to life. Physiology of happiness
How does background noise affect creativity?
In order not to go bored while working on some painfully familiar task for which you may well receive a substantial financial reward you put on your headphones, set the desired volume, select the desired playlist and press the play button it is so? Be that as it may, when it comes to work requiring the activation of the right hemisphere, loud music is unlikely to help. As it turned out, the average noise level is a kind of catalyst for creative abilities. Complicating the process of information processing, background noise stimulates abstract thinking and sets the human brain to a creative working mode. That is why public places cafes, summer playgrounds, embankments, parks, etc. so attract creative people. With a high noise level, the human brain is too overloaded, as it is trying not only to abstract from all distracting factors, but also to process the information as qualitatively as possible.
Scientists have come to the following conclusions:
- blues fans are creative, outgoing, polite and arrogant;
- among jazz lovers, creative, friendly people with high self-esteem are most often found;
- fans of classical music belong to the introverted type of personality, but despite this, they have a high sense of dignity and extraordinary creative abilities;
- rap fans are sociable and slightly selfish;
- polite, open, creative personalities are among opera lovers;
- country and western fans are distinguished by their hard work and ability to easily find a common language with others;
- Reggae fans have a high self-esteem, are creative and sociable, but hard work is definitely not about them;
- lovers of rhythmic dance music belong to the extrovert type of personality, have certain creative abilities, but do not differ in good manners;
Indie fans have low self-esteem, they are not hardworking and often poorly educated;
- Bollywood fans (music from Indian films) are very responsive and friendly;
very often among heavy music lovers heavy metal, hardcore, etc. low self-esteem, but they have great creative potential.